Now, I don’t want to brag so I shall keep this short.
I may have mentioned in a previous post that I had collected some succulent leaves to propagate.
I may have also noted that these leaves, well, they weren’t doing so wonderfully.
It appears I spoke too soon.
As of today, TWO of these leaves have begun to show signs of new growth.
That’s right, my left-for-dead succulents are actually propagating!
I shall fess up and mention that I didn’t see it coming, in fact I had given them up and all together forgotten about them.
So I apologise dear little succulents, you have proved me wrong. I am so proud that you struggled on despite my absolute neglect.
I will also add that this miracle didn’t play out as I imagined it would.
Fancy my surprise when I saw that the new growth had not sprung from the calloused end, but rather then edge of the the leaves themselves. The wonder of succulents will never cease to amaze me.
Thus far these two are my only successes in propagation- the many other leaves I attempted either rotted away or shrivelled up, but I am bolstered by todays discovery and plan to resume my propagation with new found energy and determination!